The not for profit sector is ever changing with new accounting and compliance requirements being set by charities commission and other regulatory bodies. At Sigma we understand that these along with concerns around fund raising can take up most of your time. We aim to simplify the process and provide you with the right advice.
- Charitable organisations
- Not for profit businesses
- social enterprises and Community Interest Companies (CICs)
Charity accountants services:
- Year-end accounting and tax compliance
- Independent examiners reports
- Gift aid claims
- Setting up a charity
- Understanding trustees’ responsibilities
- Setting up appropriate reserves policies
- risk reviews and risk registers
- Business structures, tax planning and advice
- Bespoke technology based bookkeeping solutions
- VAT compliance and planning
- Handling HMRC and charities commission investigations
We have a dedicated not for profit team, assisting clients from a variety of backgrounds to navigate their regulatory compliance including charity commission filings, HMRC claims whilst providing tailored advice.
Our team has a thorough understanding of the latest SORP (Statement of Recommended Practices) requirements and we have invested heavily in recent times in both resources and training to ensure that our clients receive the latest guidance.
We have successfully set up numerous charities and CICs (Community Interest Companies), gained the relevant tax reliefs from HMRC and recovered thousands in unclaimed Gift Aid. This sector has been a cornerstone of Sigma since it’s inception and continues to be an area that we pride ourselves on.