Accountants for Solicitors
Solicitors are subject to their own specific accounting requirements, so trying to be compliant and tax efficient can be very stressful and a huge strain on time and resources. We at Sigma aim to ensure compliance matters are dealt with ease whilst building tax efficiency through all our processes.
- Solicitors in all sectors including family law, wills and probate, personal injury, employment law, litigation, conveyancing etc.
- Multi partner firms and one-man bands
- Solicitors looking to streamline their processes
Solicitor accounting services:
- Year end accounting and tax compliance
- SRA audits
- Client account accounting and reconciliations
- Accounting automation and integration
- Process reviews
- Business structures, tax planning and advice
- Bespoke technology based bookkeeping solutions
- VAT compliance and planning
- Handling HMRC investigations
- Software selection, setup and comprehensive training
We have a dedicated Solicitor’s Accounts Rules (SARs) team, assisting clients with their regulatory compliance including SRA audits, systems review work and specialist advice.
We understand that there isn’t a singular approach to this type of work, we recognise that each business is different and we tailor our approach, working with clients to improve and maintain compliance as well as profitability.
All solicitors holding Client monies are required to comply with the Solicitor’s Accounts Rules, a comprehensive document defining client money, specifying how these monies should be dealt with and the related records maintained, to ensure the protection of the solicitor’s clients and their funds.