COVID-19 - Grant Funding
Support for businesses that pay little or no business rates
The government will provide additional Small Business Grant Scheme funding for local authorities to support small businesses that already pay little or no business rates because of small business rate relief (SBBR), rural rate relief (RRR) and tapered relief. This will provide a one-off grant of £10,000 to eligible businesses to help meet their ongoing business costs.
You are eligible if:
- your business is based in England
- you are a small business and already receive SBBR and/or RRR
- you are a business that occupies property
How to access the scheme
You do not need to do anything. Your local authority will write to you if you are eligible for this grant.
Guidance for local authorities on the scheme will be provided shortly.
Any enquiries on eligibility for, or provision of, the reliefs and grants should be directed to the relevant local authority.
Call 0121 783 5392
We'll explain the resources available to you and your business.
- Job Retention Scheme
- Deferring VAT payments
- Deferring Income Tax payments
- Business Tax – Time to Pay Scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- Business rates holiday
- Grant funding for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- Grant funding for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Bank of England lending facility
- Increase to Working Tax Credits
- Universal Credit
- Mortgage Holiday for 3 months.
- Insurance Cover
Follow us for an explanation of the latest government updates.