COVID-19 - Deferring VAT payments
We will support businesses by deferring Valued Added Tax (VAT) payments for 3 months. If you’re self-employed, Income Tax payments due in July 2020 under the Self-Assessment system will be deferred to January 2021.
For VAT, the deferral will apply from 20 March 2020 until 30 June 2020.
All UK businesses are eligible.
How to access the scheme
This is an automatic offer with no applications required. Businesses will not need to make a VAT payment during this period. Taxpayers will be given until the end of the 2020 to 2021 tax year to pay any liabilities that have accumulated during the deferral period. VAT refunds and reclaims will be paid by the government as normal.
Call 0121 783 5392
We'll explain the resources available to you and your business.
- Job Retention Scheme
- Deferring VAT payments
- Deferring Income Tax payments
- Business Tax – Time to Pay Scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- Business rates holiday
- Grant funding for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- Grant funding for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Bank of England lending facility
- Increase to Working Tax Credits
- Universal Credit
- Mortgage Holiday for 3 months.
- Insurance Cover
Follow us for an explanation of the latest government updates.